Welcome to The Forks Rifle Club
With the continuation of the mask requirements by Grand Forks County and the following changes to the range schedule and utilization remain in effect:
- Masks are required in the club house, indoor range and heated shooting house in the sighting-in-building anytime there is more than one person in the facility.
- Individuals on the firing points in the indoor range may remove their masks provided no one is within six feet of them, and the air handling system is operating. Before leaving the firing points, individuals will replace their masks.
- The light rifle and handgun winter leagues and league practice sessions in the indoor range will utilize firing points 1, 3, 5 and 7. Junior marksmanship training and 4-position league will utilize firing points 2, 4, 6 and 8. This will insure spacing and eliminate the taking down and setting up tables.
- Individuals participating in the winter leagues are asked to sign up for specific relay times and arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to the relay to minimize personal contact in the clubhouse.
- Consult the website calendar for times and places of winter league relays.
Utilization of the outdoor facilities and the unheated portion of the sighting-in-building remain unchanged.
The Forks Rifle Club, Inc. was established in 1933 to promote and support competitive rifle shooting in the greater Grand Forks area. The Forks Rifle Club is affiliated with the National Rifle Association, the North Dakota Shooting Sports Association, and the Civilian Marksmanship Program.
The Forks Rifle Club W. G. Coulter Rifle Range is located at 2051 12 Ave. NE, Emerado, North Dakota. The Coulter Range outdoor facilities include a fifteen point national match course high power rifle range with 200, 300, and 600 yard firing points. The range also has a 500 meter high power rifle silhouette range, a separate sighting-in range with 100 and 200 yard backstops and a building with seven covered shooting bays and a heated shooting house.
The club house also serves as a classroom for hunter safety classes and marksmanship training. The attached eight point 50 foot indoor smallbore range provides a venue for junior and adult shooting programs during the winter months. The junior marksmanship program provides instruction for youngster in smallbore rifle and precision air rifle by NRA certified instructors.
The Forks Rifle Club sponsors numerous smallbore and high power rifle matches and championships throughout the year.
The Forks Rifle Club is a members-only range, anyone using a firearm at the range must be a member. For information on joining the club, click the membership link above.